Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

I'm well and truly launched for 2012. Seven poems accepted for publishing, my manuscript off to AUP shortly to be considered for publication  and my Etsy store back up and running.

The 23 December quakes were horrible. I was making a cheesecake for Christmas day when they struck and I simply lost heart, sat in a chair and didn't want to move. In the end I have myself a good talking to, "Self", I said, "Get on with it or you'll have a lousy Christmas." After a stern lecture, and against all my instincts which were telling me to sit tight and hang onto something, I got up and kept going.

I figure I have it easy. My house is ok, I didn't lose anyone in the Christchurch quakes. A few broken ornaments and a sense of the impermanence of things are things I can learn to live with. After all:

.
Emotions are messy, you can't put them in neat little jars.







If we're lucky we acquire the tools we need to cope. 















That's a pretty corny attempt to segue into a few pics of my studio. So it's time to get to work making jewelry and writing. Happy new year one and all and look forward to sharing my journey with you.
Add caption



No comments:

Post a Comment